What now? Trump after the election

The unexpected election results were released late Tuesday, Nov. 8, when Trump defeated Clinton through the electoral college, despite Clinton’s two million vote advantage in popular votes. Trump later falsely accredited Clinton’s popular win due to illegal immigrants votes. Trump’s win was evident fairly early on election night, as the race to 270 was completed with a count of 279 for Trump. Preceding his win, according to the Independent Journal Review, Trump said, “It will change. We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with winning. Believe me.” Trump later posted on his twitter that it was a “beautiful and important night”.

After Trump’s victory, he gave a speech at his campaign headquarters politely addressing his opponent, who recently gave an uplifting speech to all the aspiring females. Trump said, “Hillary has worked very long and very hard and we owe her a major debt of gratitude for her service to our country.” Later in his speech he credited Clinton with calling him to congratulate his success. This year’s election has been particularly strenuous on the nation, and has only seemed to divide us demographically. While many people awaited a brash response from the selected candidate, he delivered an appropriate speech. In regard to the various responses of both American and global citizens, according to Fox News, Trump stated that, “It is time for us to come together as one united people.”

Trump met Obama in the Oval Office for a 90 minute conversation. Trump said referring to Obama, “ I have great respect. We discussed a lot of different situations, some wonderful, and some difficulties. I very much look forward to dealing with the president in the future, including counsel.” As of more recent speeches, Trump has significantly toned down his language from his campaign speeches. So, what can the American people expect? Regardless of Trump’s actions, positive or negative, we the people will need to work together to build a united nation.